Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Entries not completed and submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be accepted.
2. The Promotion is being conducted by Australian Health and Nutrition Association Ltd. (ABN 63096452872) [Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company] of 1, Sanitarium Dr., Berkeley Vale, NSW, 2261, (02) 4348 7777 (“Promoter”). Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/36013
3. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years
4. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family is deemed to be siblings, parents, children, and family living under the same roof.
5. Promotion commences on 8th July 2019 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 12th July 2019.
How to enter:
6. Eligible individuals must complete the Sanitarium “The Good Food Lounge” UP&GO survey which has been sent to an eligible participants email.
7. Once an Eligible Entrant validly completes the UP&GO survey, the Eligible Entrant will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
8. Entries open and close for each draw on the dates and times specified in the table below. All draws will take place at 2pm AEST/AEDST (as applicable) at Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing, 1 Sanitarium Dr, Berkeley Vale NSW 2261, Australia on the dates and times specified in the table below. All times indicated are AEST/AEDST, as and when applicable in NSW, unless specified otherwise.
# Entries open
1 12.00am AEST 8th July 2019
11.59pm AEST on 12th July 2019
2.00pm AEST 13th July 2019
9. The five (5) valid entries drawn in each monthly draw will each win online Gift Card(s) to the value of $50.
10. Prizes are provided online via the GiftPay website (http://www.giftpay.com) in the form of eGifts. Winners may select how and where they divide the value of their prize across one or more of the vouchers on offer at GiftPay, up to the total value of $50. Prizes will expire per the date stipulated by GiftPay and may vary depending on the eGift option chosen. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes will be delivered to the address provided by the winner on accepting the prize within 28 days, subject to any processing or delivery delays. Winners will be informed of any delay.
11. There will be 5 winners, with each prize valued at $50.
12. The total prize pool for the draw is $250.
13. Winners will be notified via email within 2 business days of the draw. Winners will have 3 months from the relevant draw date to accept the prize from the Promoter. Failure to reply within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the prize. No extension will be given on this time period. Winners’ names will also be displayed at www.thegoodfoodlounge.com.au and www.thegoodfoodlounge.co.nz
14. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 30th September 2019 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The re-draw prize draw winner(s), if any, will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw and their name/s will be displayed at www.thegoodfoodlounge.com.au and www.thegoodfoodlounge.co.nz
15. Winners are notified via email from the GiftPay eGift website.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
17. The result of each draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
19. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be taken as cash, unless stipulated otherwise.
20. Incomplete or indecipherable entries of the UP&GO survey will be deemed invalid.
21. It is the responsibility of entrant to provide correct and accurate contact details, including names, address and contact phone numbers.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or telecommunication systems, or any combination thereof.
25. The prize winners must, on request by the Promoter, be able to provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) the prize.